3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

North of Hope A Daughter's Arctic Journey By Shannon Huffman Polson


II was totally moved by Shannon Huffman Polson's book North of Hope   A Daughter's Arctic Journey, a beautiful story of a woman's undying love for her father and her step-mother Kathy. Having just broken off a relationship she goes home to her brother Sam and his wife to get over her feelings.Two days later she gets a phone call that any child does not want to get. The authorities in Alaska have called to tell her the unthinkable, her father and step-mother have been mauled by a bear while camping. She leads us through her dealing with the funeral her feelings and more. She comes to a decision a year later that she will go back to the place where they died and try to find her peace. Shannon is using her father's last email to direct her adoptive brother, Ned, his friend, Sally and herself to the place she needs to see for herself. I found myself going up the river in a raft with the author. I found myself trying not to cry. This is one book that no one should miss. I give this book a 5/5 .
I was given this book by Handlebar Publishing for the purpose of a review but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1