3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Wishing Tree by Marybeth Whalen a Book Review

The Wishing Tree by Marybeth Whalen

                                                      The Wishing Tree
            This is one of the cutest stories I have ever read. Ivy Marshall has it all, until she finds out that her husband has cheated on her. On top of that her sister's perfect boyfriend asks her to marry him on national television for all to see. Ivy wants to get away from the pain so when her mother asks her to return to her family to help with the wedding she cannot wait to go.
          When she gets there she sees her former fiancée and has old feelings for him. In the meantime her husband will not give her up so he tweets his feelings for all to see. Ivy has the job of preparing the wishing tree for her sister. This is a book about family, love and forgiveness.
           As I was reading this story I was totally in love with the idea of what a wishing tree was. It is when a tree is prepared for a wedding couple. When an invitation is sent out a card is enclosed for the guest to write a wish for the couple. They send it back if they cannot attend so that their wish can be added, or the bring it with them to the wedding to put on the tree.  I really love this idea for a wedding or baby shower, a baptism, or wedding itself.  While Ivy makes the tree for her sister she reads what others wish for her sister and her fiancée and she finds herself wondering what true love really is. I give this book a 5/5. I really enjoyed reading it. I was given this book by Zondervan and Booksneeze for the purpose of a review and opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1